• Understanding the role of immunotherapies in modern drug development.
• Learning novel approaches clinical development of immunotherapies phase 1-4 (pathway to approval).
• Designing novel immunotherapies and identifying pitfalls in developing biologics.
• Key pharmacokinetic (PK) and pharmacodynamic (PD) concepts
·Application of PK/PD through research and development
·Basic PK characteristics of protein drugs
· Dose selection for First-in Human (FIH) clinical studies
• Understanding how to use experimental medicine to understand the human immune system & use novel statistical study designs to achieve reproducible results.
|12:00 to 13:00||Registration and Lunch|
|13:00 to 13:05||Introduction to the day
Dr Joseph Cheriyan (CUH)
|13:05 to 13:40||Journey of a biological molecule - Overview of drug development
Key Note Speaker: Dr Nic Wisniacki (GSK)
|13:40 to 13:50||Q&A|
|13:50 to 14:30||Key technologies and challenges in pre-clinical biologics drug discovery
Dr Steve Martin (GSK). Dr Andrew Buchanan (Medimmune)
|14:30 to 15:20||Biologics Interactive workshop and Q&A
Dr Steve Martin & Dr Andrew Buchanan
|15:20 to 15:50||Break|
|15:50 to 16:30||Dose Selection for First-in-Human Studies of Biologics
Dr Paolo Vicini (MedImmune)
|16:30 to 17:10||Immune Cell Responses in Participants with Type 1 Diabetes after doses of Interleukin-2 in adaptive-response clinical trials
Dr Frank Waldron-Lynch (University of Cambridge)
|17:10 to 18:00||PK/PD Interactive workshop and Q&A
Dr Frank Waldron-Lynch & Dr Paolo Vicini
|18:00 to 18:30||Immunopharmacology Group discussion, reflection and review
|18:30 to 19:00||Close of Meeting
Depart for Trinity Hall (dinner registrants only)
|19:00 to 23:00||Drinks reception followed by dinner
Trinity Hall, Cambridge
Wyng Gardens Conference Centre, Cambridge, CB5 8AQ
Parking is not available at the venue. There are multiple park and ride sites, train and bus links to Central Cambridge. Trinity Hall is a short walk from the bus station and about 20 minutes from the train station. Please go to the following link for public transportation links, cycle routes, park and ride and local parking facilities.
The Role of Imaging in Drug Discovery, Drug Development and in Clinical Studies
This training event will offer lectures and workshops to understand the role for using imaging in drug discovery, drug development and as part of clinical studies. Participants will engage in group ...